list of things to do is long, here we have grouped them based on
distance (and time by car) from the Domaine, more detail is provided in
the welcome pack, please also visit the Aude Tourist Office
Within the village and the immediate surroundings
1. Organised village events through out the year : concerts, wine tasting and sports events
- link to the town hall event calender
2. Lake with picnic area, barbeque area and fitness trail,
3. Signposted nature walks ranging from 5km to 10km,
4. Family bike rides on suitable trails and tracks,
5. Mountain biking : on local trails and off road over hills (upto 400M),
6. Road Cycling : starting from Laure Minervois cycling out around the Minervois, or into the Corbieres on good roads with varied terrain and difficulty to suit all tastes from Class 4 to Class 1 hills all within 20km. Circuits can easily be planned to cover anything from 10km to 120km without going on main roads.
7. Vineyard visits and wine tasting
Within 20km - 20mins
1. Carcassonne - La Cité
2. Canal du Midi (Trèbes, Puicheric, La Redorte, Carcassonne)
3. Les Châteaux de Lastours
4. Abbey de Caunes Minervois
5. Les Montagnes Noires - lakes, walks, bike rides and mountain biking (upto 1200M) with upto a 30km descent
6. Canoeing on the River Aude at Puicheric
7. Lac de Homps : canoeing, windsurfing, water inflatables, cafe
9. Lac de l'Cavayère at Carcassonne : beach, beach sports, swimming, water inflatables, walks, bike rides, mini golf, cafe, aerial ropes course
10. Parc Australien (near Lac de l'Cavayère)
Within 50km - 40mins
1. Gruissan and Narbonne, beaches and etangs : water sports, swimming, walking and cycling
2. Visits to Gruissan, Narbonne, Peyriac de Mer, Beziers, Limoux, Lagrasse, Rennes le Château, Bugarach, Mirepoix and Castelnaudary
3. Abbey de Fontfroid : Abbey tour and gardens
4. Abbey de Lagrasse : Abbey tour
5. Abbey de Saint Hilaire (the origin of sparkling wine in France) : Abbey tour
6. African Wildlife Park at Sigean
Within 100km - 1hr 15mins
1. The Pyrénées : walks, bike rides, thermal spa (Ax les Thermes) and skiing (1hr 30mins - Les Monts D'olmes)
2. Colliore (think Looe, or St Ives in the sun)
3. Visits to Spain (Catalonia) and Andorra
Whatever you feel like doing...
relaxing on the terrace, splashing around in the pool, strolling throught the breathtaking countryside, visiting Cathar Chateaux, or doing something more sporty like sailing, road racing, mountain biking or mountain walking.
You'll find it all here in the Minervois wine region : nestled between the Montagne Noire and the Pyrénées, close to the Mediterranean.
Warm and dry from mid April to the end of October and hot in the summer, huge blue skies and scents of lavander, rosemary and thyme.